Meat & Cheese Stromboli
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes2 loaves (8 servings each)
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 loaves (16 ounces each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender; set aside.
- On two greased baking sheets, roll each loaf of dough into a 15x12-in. rectangle. Arrange salami, ham and cheeses lengthwise over half of each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with onion mixture; sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 314 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 901mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Oct 16, 2013
I also cut recipe in half to make for small gathering at office. Easy and delicious and well- received! You could use different cuts of lunchmeat and/or veggies so this recipe is versatile. Served with soup makes a great lunch!
Sep 7, 2013
Delicious! I cut the recipe in half with no problems.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.