Meat & Cheese Stromboli
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes2 loaves (8 servings each)
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 loaves (16 ounces each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender; set aside.
- On two greased baking sheets, roll each loaf of dough into a 15x12-in. rectangle. Arrange salami, ham and cheeses lengthwise over half of each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with onion mixture; sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 314 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 901mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 16, 2013
I also cut recipe in half to make for small gathering at office. Easy and delicious and well- received! You could use different cuts of lunchmeat and/or veggies so this recipe is versatile. Served with soup makes a great lunch!
Sep 7, 2013
Delicious! I cut the recipe in half with no problems.