Meat and Potato Pie Recipe
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, cut shortening into biscuit mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing lightly with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Line ungreased pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges or make a decorative edge. Set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 4. Pour into pie shell. Top with carrots and mushrooms. Combine potatoes and sour cream; spread over pie. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake 15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand for 5-10 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 604 calories, 34g fat (15g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 1542mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Meat and Potato Pie
"This was delicious. I will for sure make it again and not change a thing."