Meal on a Stick
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 8 small red potatoes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 8 plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into quarters
- 8 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-5 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs and curry powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 24 portions; shape each portion around an olive.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread meatballs and vegetables. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes on each side, brushing occasionally with barbecue sauce, until meatballs are no longer pink, turning once.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 351 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 742mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 1, 2012
Potatos need to cook longer in the microwave to allow the meat and vegetables to be done at the same time.
May 29, 2011
Yum! Only problem-some of the meatballs fell off. I used at least 1/2 cup barbecue sauce and cherry tomatoes. Next time I'll use more veggies, maybe add some onions, less meat, the peppers were delicious!
May 27, 2011
I would make this again but I think I would add onion .