Meal in a Packet
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 envelope onion gravy mix
- 2 firm fresh tomatoes, halved
- Shape beef into four patties. Place each on an ungreased 14-in. square of heavy-duty foil. Arrange carrots and green pepper around patties. Sprinkle with gravy mix. Place a tomato half, cut side down, on each patty. Fold foil around meat and vegetables; seal tightly. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 262 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 438mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 13, 2012
A little bland. I would suggest spicing up the meat a little to give it more flavor.
Jun 7, 2010
These packets are an all-time favorite for camping and cookouts. Sometimes I include very thinly sliced potatoes.