Matt’s Mexican Pizza
My brother and I have fond childhood memories of Saturday morning breakfasts on our Minnesota farm. It was big production, with everyone involved. That's where we developed our love of cooking.—Matt Walter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Place one tortilla on a microwave-safe plate. Layer with half of the pepperoni, tomatoes, salsa, olives and cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Top with half of the lettuce. Make a second pizza with the remaining ingredients.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 719 calories, 44g fat (20g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 2054mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 11g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Matt's Mexican Pizza in Taste of Home December/January 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.