Matchless Meat Loaf
This is the only meat loaf recipe I can make! Our whole family loves its sweet tangy hint of molasses and mustard.—Lila Bane, Vandalia, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 40 min.
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons light molasses
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, molasses, vinegar, mustard, hot pepper sauce, milk, oregano, onion soup mix, bread crumbs and parsley. Add ground beef; mix well. In a shallow baking pan, shape meat mixture into a 9x5-in. loaf. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until no pink remains. Drain. Let loaf stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Matchless Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.