Mashed Winter Squash
- 4 packages (12 ounces each) frozen cooked winter squash
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Place squash in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until heated through, stirring after 5 minutes. Add the sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger; mix well.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
3/4 cup: 119 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 25, 2015
Really nice flavor. Cooked it for Thanksgiving dinner a day ahead to save me some time. Just reheat & serve. Better the next day!