Frozen cooked squash and a microwave make quick work of assembling this colorful side dish. Each creamy bite features the subtle blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
Recommended: 19 Side Dishes Made in a 13×9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 packages (12 ounces each) frozen cooked winter squash
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place squash in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring after 5 minutes. Add the sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger; mix well. Microwave, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Winter Squash in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p11
Reviews forMashed Winter Squash
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review