Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (2 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place sweet potatoes on rack in a 6-qt. pressure cooker; add water. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 8 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat; allow pressure to drop on it's own. Drain. transfer sweet potatoes to a food processor. Add the butter, honey, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and pepper; cover and process until smooth.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested at 10/13/15 pounds of pressure (psi).
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 195 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 27, 2013
Awesome with a pork roast!
Apr 30, 2011
What a gread side! It was wonderful with roast chicken and a salad.
Oct 27, 2010
Oh man was this good! My very first time cooking sweet potatoes, and it was fabulous! I used an electric (digital) pressure cooker with an elevated "rack," and set it to 10 minutes instead of 8. Might have been just a wee bit too long, but it was still amazing. Also added a bit of cream and brown sugar to the mix after mashing. My husband was so impressed he asked me to make it again. Thanks for yet another wonderful recipe.
Dec 2, 2009
It was good. It turned out a little watery though and not as creamy as I had hoped for.
May 22, 2009
This was a great hit tonight. My daughter who doesn't care for sweet potatoes at all, states she not only enjoyed it, but would eat it again. I did add cream at the time I added the honey,salt, etc... I think it made it a bit smoother in texture. Thanks so much!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.