- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk with butter)
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine onion and 1 tablespoon of butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Add potatoes, ham, onion salt and pepper; mix well. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and cornflakes; dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMashed Potatoes with Ham
"This recipe was very easy to make and tasted wonderful. If you have leftover mashed potatoes this is a delicious way to use them up!"