Mashed Potatoes with Garlic
If you'd like a new twist on mashed potatoes, try this recipe from Jennifer Adams of Plymouth, Massachusetts. She adds garlic to the potatoes and then places a cruet of olive oil on the table for guests to drizzle on the potatoes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, warmed
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes and garlic. Beat in the salt, pepper and enough reserved cooking liquid to achieve a creamy consistency. Drizzle with oil.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 130 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 24, 2010
Better than a Columbia Gorge restaurant we ate at yesterday:)
May 29, 2009
We love these potatoes because they taste great, plus they are low in fat - made without milk or butter!