- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, warmed
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the potatoes and garlic. Beat in the salt, pepper and enough reserved cooking liquid to achieve a creamy consistency. Drizzle with oil. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMashed Potatoes with Garlic
"Better than a Columbia Gorge restaurant we ate at yesterday:)"
"We love these potatoes because they taste great, plus they are low in fat - made without milk or butter!"