Mashed Potatoes with Corn and Cheese Recipe
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 to 6 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and warmed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2. Place potatoes in a mixing bowl; mash with milk, butter, salt and pepper. Stir in corn and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 270 calories, 14g fat (10g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes with Corn and Cheese
"We really liked this, but my kids have always mixed their mashed potatoes and corn together anyway so this was a no brainer for us."