Mashed Potatoes Supreme
- 3 pounds medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream or milk
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the cream cheese, butter and cream; beat until blended. Stir in the green pepper, onions, pimientos, salt and pepper. Stir in 1/3 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nov 15, 2014
Very good but found that recipe was too much for my 7 x 11 to hold.
Nov 26, 2013
This is my family's favorite potato dish! I have been making it since it was first published. I make it ahead for large dinners since it keeps well in the refrigerator and reheats beautifully. Everyone raves about it! I will be making it tomorrow to serve for Thanksgiving!
Mar 8, 2013
This is such a tasty recipe. I used regular russets, an orange pepper and left out the pimientos. I think I am going to mix in some bacon the next time I make it.
May 29, 2011
This dish is delicious. Made a half portion and adjusted the ingredients, turned out terrific. A keeper!
Jan 24, 2011
I made this last night for the football game to compliment my Turkey Meatloaf & it was a hit!!! I think next time I will add some garlic to it.
Nov 24, 2010
I made this recipe 2 years ago, now I am the one who brings the potatoes to all family gatherings . You will love it
Nov 5, 2009
This dish is absolutely delicious.....I've made it several times for my family....no changes needed....it's great for the holidays
Dec 31, 1969
This is a really good recipe with alot of flavor. Easy to make ahead for a crowd.
Dec 31, 1969
I just loved this newsletter and will look forward to the next one. Thanks, Dianne Smith