- 4 hot dogs
- 1-1/3 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 2 slices process American cheese, cut into quarters
- Salsa and chopped green onions
- Make a lengthwise cut three-fourths of the way through each hot dog. Open hot dogs and place cut side up on a baking sheet. Top with mashed potatoes and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spread with salsa and sprinkle with onions. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forMashed Potato-Topped Hot Dogs
"teenagers love them!"
"This has been a family favorite since I was a kid. I now cook for my family...but we top with a white gravy and cheese instead of salsa. I'm going to try the salsa topping."