- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, cook spinach in a small amount of water until wilted; drain well.
- Drain potatoes; place in a mixing bowl and mash. Stir in the spinach, sour cream, butter, chives and seasonings.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMashed Potato Spinach Bake
"Delicious! the seasonings all blend delicately together for a rich taste."