Mashed Potato Pie
My son enjoys trying new recipes. One weekend, he brought this over, ready to pop into the oven. It's especially good when served with a tossed salad, hot rolls...and brownies or fresh fruit for dessert!—Betty Maschke, Young America, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4-ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4-ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-1/2-ounces) green beans, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 to 7 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2.8-ounces) french-fried onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soups, beans and mushrooms. Simmer, uncovered, until heated through.
- Meanwhile, combine hot mashed potatoes, egg, salt and pepper. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish or two greased 9-in. pie plates. Spoon beef mixture into potato crust.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with french-fried onions and cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 360 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1261mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Mashed Potato Pie in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.