- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 6 cups hot mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, add milk, butter, salt, pepper and 1-1/3 cups cheese to mashed potatoes. Grease two 6-portion muffin pans; divide potato mixture between pans. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with parsley.
- Cover and freeze one pan for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining pan, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- To use frozen potato cups: Thaw in the refrigerator. Bake as directed.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 163 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.