I received this recipe from a friend, but over the years I have added and subtracted ingredients until it was just right for my family. One of my friends calls it party potatoes. It's a great make-ahead dish with a delicious taste.
Recommended: 25 New Ways to Make Mashed Potatoes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 jar (2 ounces) pimientos, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the cream cheese, milk and butter; beat until smooth. Stir in the egg, pimientos, garlic and onion. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potato Bake in Reminisce August/September 2009, p54