- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place carrots and turnips in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash. Add butter, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMashed Carrots and Turnips
"I love this! It has been a favorite since early childhood. So simply good. My MIL doesn't like carrots or turnips, yet she had 3 helpings."