Mascarpone-Pesto Chicken Rolls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with garlic salt. Combine cheese and pesto; spread over chicken. Roll up each from a short side and secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. Place seam side down in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Drizzle with 4 teaspoons butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain fettuccine; toss with remaining butter. Serve with chicken. Garnish with basil if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 808 calories, 48g fat (22g saturated fat), 242mg cholesterol, 768mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 52g protein.
Oct 31, 2017
Excellent! So glad I tried this. My family is not a huge fan of pesto but they gobbled this up! I think next time I will use a little less pesto than I did the first time around but it was so delicious. I baked the chicken for exactly 40 minutes and it came out moist and tender. We ate the chicken rolls over fettucine tossed with butter and some parsley. I'm thinking about trying other combinations, like sundried tomato pesto.
Feb 18, 2014
So good it is sinful. High in calories, fat and price but so worth it. At a restaurant each portion would easily cost $15.00 the price all all ingredients for all 4 portions at my home it is 6 to 8 portions. Made it again with my special artichoke sauce and it was wonderful as well.
Mar 14, 2012
This was good and pretty easy but the ingredients were on the pricey side.
Jan 15, 2012
This was a recipe everyone in my family liked - which is no small task! We did add pesto to the noodles when we were eating (since we had extra pesto).
Nov 5, 2011
After reading the reviews, I'm not sure if we did something wrong, but I couldn't taste the cheese or pesto at all within the chicken. We added carrots, tomatoes, and portabello mushrooms to the noodles. They were pretty good. I will look for a different, but similar recipe for this.
Sep 28, 2011
These are excellent! Very easy and so flavorful. My family really enjoyed this!!!
Jan 26, 2011
Wonderful and so easy to make. It has become a favorite of ours.
Jul 6, 2010
They were very good and easy to make. The hardest part was rolling them up! Flavor was great.
Jun 24, 2010
I loved it... even though I had to sub out the cheese because I didnt have the mascarpone.. I used Parmesan and Montery Jack instead...
Jun 18, 2010
This recipe was so simple and it was bursting with flavor. My whole family loved it!! I added some extra pesto to the noodles to make them more flavorful. It was delicious and I will definitely make this again. :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.