Marvelous Stuffed Mushrooms
My mother-in-law would make these savory stuffed mushrooms every Christmas. Pouring whipping cream over them before baking makes each morsel extra moist and rich. —Gail Anderson, Cantonment, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 pound large fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems. In a small bowl, combine the butter, flour, onion, parsley, mustard, salt, cayenne, nutmeg and chopped stems. Fill mushroom caps. Place in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Pour cream over mushrooms. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, basting twice.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 192 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Marvelous Stuffed Mushrooms in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003