Marvelous Mushroom Soup
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese and minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook onions and garlic in butter over medium-low heat until tender. Reduce heat to low; add the mushrooms. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add the cream, broth, salt and pepper; cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and parsley if desired.
1 cup: 278 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 28, 2014
Dec 31, 1969
Nice easy recipe with food flavor. I added 1 TBSP Worcestershire and extra garlic.
May 24, 2013
This soup is marvelous!
Dec 3, 2012
I was looking for a recipe to use up some extra mushrooms and this hit the spot! I used button and portobello mushrooms and just a pinch of some fresh rosemary that I had. It was such a quick, simple recipe and my family loved it! It will be on our menu quite frequently!
Dec 31, 1969
Made this for dinner and added just a little rosemary and it was so good....
Dec 28, 2007
A dash of hot sauce gave the flavor a boost.