- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with chili powder. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until juices run clear. Sprinkle with flour, coriander and cocoa; stir until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the corn, onions, chilies and salt; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1/4 cup cilantro.
- Spread 2/3 cup filling down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the salsa, tomato sauce and remaining cilantro; pour over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 enchiladas.
Reviews forMarvelous Chicken Enchiladas
"tried this tonight. i have to say this recipe is off! The milk is off or something. I made a double batch and i had to add 9 tablespoons of cornstarch and 1/3 cup flour just to get it to thicken. it is too spicy for us."
"Just tried this the other night. Oh my, hubby and I were impressed with the flavor of the chicken. I used cooked chicken and simply sprinkled the seasonings and flour over the chicken pieces and continued on with the recipe as written. We like to serve our enchiladas over shredded lettuce. Will make this again and again."
"Followed recipe and loved it! Will try some variations to change things up next time. Love fresh cilantro, and my men-folk eat anything with corn in it!"
"These were a lot more work than my regular enchiladas, but a great different taste."
"After reading all the wonderful reviews, I can't help but wonder if I did something wrong? I followed the recipe word for word, but to me it was very bland and a little dry too. The chicken mixture was tasty by itself though. Unfortunately, I don't think I will make this one again."
"Made this for friends and everyone loved it! Instead of the tomato sauce & regular salsa I used Mrs. Renfro's jalapeno salsa, which gave it a spicier kick."
"Very Good, I substituted a few things though... Instead of uusing coriander, I used Paprikia. I also substituted ketchup for tomato paste, and had to cut out the green chilies. Unfortuneately, it took me an hour and a half to make :( BUT, it was very good, and everyone who tried it was very well pleased."
"These enchiladas are excellent! I did not take the reduced fat route.. I chose whole milk and non-reduced fat cheese. The first time I made them with the recommended amount of coriander and the flavor was a little overwhelming. The second time I used half of the recipe amount of coriander and it was perfect. I will definately make these again!"
"I loved the recipe. I added some baby spinach leaves slightly wilted in boiling water then drained."
"These were great! I didn't add any corn and the only change I will make next time is use a lot less cilantro...probably 1/2 - 3/4 less."