VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (7-1/2 ounces) spearmint candies, finely crushed
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Chocolate ice cream
- In a large saucepan combine the corn syrup, butter and crushed candy to a boil. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in marshmallow creme until blended. Gradually add the half-and-half cream; stir until smooth. Cool. Pour into jars. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Marshmallow Mint Sauce in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p59