Marshmallow Mint Sauce
I get lots of smiles when I hand out batches of my mint-green dessert topping. Enjoy it on ice cream or chocolate cake.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (7-1/2 ounces) spearmint candies, finely crushed
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Chocolate ice cream
- In a large saucepan combine the corn syrup, butter and crushed candy to a boil. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in marshmallow creme until blended. Gradually add the half-and-half cream; stir until smooth. Cool. Pour into jars. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Serve over ice cream.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons (calculated without ice cream): 106 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Marshmallow Peppermint Sauce in Country Woman Christmas 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.