- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt marshmallows and milk. Remove from the heat. Cool, stirring occasionally. Stir in extract. Fold in pineapple and whipped cream. Combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press 1-1/2 cups into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Spread with the pineapple mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forMarshmallow Graham Dessert
"1 cup of whipping cream = 2 cups whipped topping"
"I made the filling and put in two 9 oz. graham cracker pie shells. It worked out perfectly! Excellent recipe - will certainly make again."
"Excellent. Add 1 TBSP sugar to the crust mixture and pre-bake the crust for 12 minutes at 325 degrees makes it outstanding!"
"Have you considered trying a lemon flavor? or orange? Strawberry might work as well."
"Are there any other flavors that can be used in this recipe? It sounds so good but I don't care for pineapple."
"Made this recipe today and found that it not only filled up the 13 x 9 x 2" pan, but also had to use a 2 quart corningware dish. My husband thought it was good, but I thought the initial bite was good (you could taste the lemon flavoring and the pineapple) but it kind of lost it's flavoring by the time I swallowed it. Maybe I drained the pineapple too much. It was nice and fluffy but don't know if I'll make it again."
"We do not use whipping cream at all too many calories. Guess I will substitute Cool Whip and hope it turns out o.k."
"more of a question than a comment--how much frozen whipped topping equals 2cups whipping cream, whipped? I do not keep whipping cream on hand, too expensive, too unhealthy."
"This sounds really tasty. Can't wait to fix this for my grandson.Donna A."