Marshmallow Chocolate-Covered Cherries
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups marshmallow creme
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 jar (16 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a bowl, cream butter. Add marshmallow creme, salt, extract and sugar; mix well. Knead into a large ball; chill for 1 hour. Roll into 1-in. balls and flatten into 2-in. circles. Wrap circles around cherries and carefully shape into balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cover loosely; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler or microwave-safe bowl. Dip cherries in chocolate; place on waxed paper to harden. Refrigerate in a covered container 1-2 weeks before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 106 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
May 6, 2013
This was one of my families favorite. I found it easier to put the marshmallow balls in freezer for a little while it made them easier to handle. Plus with the marshmallow cool it didn't sick to your hands as much. If it helps wear rubber glove sprayed with cooking spray.
Dec 16, 2009
If you type chocolate covered cherrie cookies into the search box you will find the recipe for the cookies pictured.
Dec 15, 2009
Its messy and alot of trouble . I enjoy cooking but this receipe is just crazy.There nothing easy bout it.I should have figure that much MARSHMALLOW = MESSY
Oct 1, 2009
Is there another picture for the Chocolate Covered Cherries? Are they supposed to look like cookies? Thank You.Nancy Y
Mar 2, 2009
I agree could we please see the correct photo, also maybe the one for the cookies, they look yummy too : ) Thanks
Oct 15, 2008
Seems to be the wrong photo....those pictured look like cookies.