Marrakesh Chicken & Couscous
I love transforming boxed grains into dishes like this couscous worthy of Morocco. All it took was a little chicken, artichoke hearts and extra spice. —Devon Delaney, Westport, Connecticut
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-1/4-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (5.8 ounces) roasted garlic and olive oil couscous
- Chopped smoked almonds, optional
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Stir in tomatoes, artichoke hearts, lemon juice, preserves, salt, spices and seasoning packet from couscous; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes to allow flavors to develop and for chicken to cook through.
- Stir in couscous; remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with almonds.