Marmalade Soy Wings
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 40 min.
- 15 whole chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, marmalade, garlic, ginger and pepper. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 cup marinade for basting.
- Place remaining marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Add wing sections; seal bag and toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken wings in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Baste with a third of the reserved marinade; bake 15 minutes longer. Baste with remaining marinade. Bake 10-20 minutes more or until chicken juices run clear.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 78 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 9, 2018
these were awesome. I love the stickiness
Jun 25, 2012
I used less soy sauce than the recipe calls for and everyone loved this!
Mar 4, 2012
Based on previous reviews, I reduced the soy sauce by half, and added 2 tsp. hot pepper flakes. Nice flavor, but couldn't taste the pepper. Baked for full amount of time, and then put in for an additional 3 minutes on broil to crispen. Still a bit soggy, but next time I'll broil for a minutes longer. Also, I used a 12 oz jar of Smuckers orange marmalade.
Sep 7, 2011
This recipe is getting some mixed reviews. I'm on the "didn't like it" side. There was too much soy for me, and hubby didn't like the marmalade flavor.
Aug 14, 2011
Aug 10, 2011
This is a great recipe! I didnt have ground ginger so i used the crystalized ginger I had and just cut it up into small peices. Then I also drizzled honey over the chicken when they only had 5 more minutes to go! They were beautiful!
Aug 7, 2011
Better LOVE soy sauce if you follow this recipe. I doubled the orange marmalade, and still couldn't taste the marmalade. Next time, I will only use 1/2 the soy sauce, and still double the marmalade.
Aug 7, 2011
I have used this marinade recipe for over 20 years. it is also good to marinade pork loin before broiling or grilling!
Aug 6, 2011
Aug 6, 2011
Did not have chicken wings but had lots of boneless chicken. Cut into appetizer size bites and followed directions. Awesome.