Marmalade Raisin Glazed Ham
A platter crowned with her impressive ham is passed around Barbara Nowakowski's table at holiday time. "I always get requests for this on special occasions," she relates from Mesa, Arizona. A spiced marmalade glaze and plump golden raisins add sweetness to every slice.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (4 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Line a shallow roasting pan with foil. Place ham on a rack in prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the water, 1/2 cup orange juice, marmalade, raisins and spices in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until raisins are softened and mixture is reduce to 1-3/4 cups.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining orange juice until smooth. Gradually stir into glaze. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Brush ham with glaze. Bake 1 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, brushing occasionally with glaze.