Marmalade Pudding Cakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade, warmed
- In a small bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar until crumbly. Beat in flour and egg yolks until smooth. Gradually beat in the milk, orange juice, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and orange zest.
- In another small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Add the remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into orange mixture.
- Pour into eight 6-oz. custard cups thoroughly coated with cooking spray. Place the cups in two 13x9-in. baking pans; add 1 in. of boiling water to pans.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and tops are golden brown. Run a knife around the edges; carefully invert cakes onto dessert plates.
- Combine marmalade and remaining lemon juice; drizzle over warm cakes.
Nutrition Facts1 cake: 201 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 15, 2013
Am very glad this is diabetic friendly. Thank you for sharing! K. Easily halved to suit my diet.
Dec 16, 2009
I made this dessert for some friends one evening. They were a hit!