Marmalade Pudding Cakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade, warmed
- In a small bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar until crumbly. Beat in flour and egg yolks until smooth. Gradually beat in the milk, orange juice, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and orange zest.
- In another small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Add the remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into orange mixture.
- Pour into eight 6-oz. custard cups thoroughly coated with cooking spray. Place the cups in two 13x9-in. baking pans; add 1 in. of boiling water to pans.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and tops are golden brown. Run a knife around the edges; carefully invert cakes onto dessert plates.
- Combine marmalade and remaining lemon juice; drizzle over warm cakes.
Nutrition Facts1 cake: 201 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
May 15, 2013
Am very glad this is diabetic friendly. Thank you for sharing! K. Easily halved to suit my diet.
Dec 16, 2009
I made this dessert for some friends one evening. They were a hit!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.