Marmalade Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, marmalade and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the marmalade and cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled muffins. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 261 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Marmalade Muffins
"The muffins were soft and moist but had very little orange flavor, so I decided to make an orange filling like you would for an orange meringue pie. I shot some filling into each muffin like you would for a jelly donut.That did the trick. My husband was a happy camper."