Marmalade and mustard? They may sound like strange bedfellows, but this tasty main course proves they’re a match made in heaven. —Mike Tchou, Pepper Pike, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/4 pounds), cut into four steaks
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a small saucepan, heat marmalade and mustard over low heat. Whisk in butter until melted. Set aside 1/4 cup glaze for serving.
- Broil steaks 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting occasionally with remaining glaze.
- Spoon reserved glaze over steaks; sprinkle with onions.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 338 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Marmalade Glazed Steaks in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011