A must-try recipe that even a wing skeptic will love. Orange marmalade lends an unexpected twist on flavor. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Recommended: Game-Changing Chicken Wing Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 pounds whole chicken wings
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a small saucepan, combine the marmalade, water, lemon juice, soy sauce, horseradish and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 3/4 cup.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper, add wings a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wings, a few at a time, for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Transfer wings to a large bowl; add sauce and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Marmalade-Glazed Chicken Wings in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p61