Marmalade Date Pastries
These pretty pastries take a little time to put together but are worth the effort. They have a delicious, melt-in-your-mouth flavor. -Nancy Lewis, Warwick, Rhode Island
- 1 package (11 ounces) pie crust mix
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 24 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Place the pie crust mix in a bowl. Cut in cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk and stir to form a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion into a 12x9-in. rectangle. Cut into 3-in. squares.
- 3. Cut dates in half lengthwise; fill each with 1/2 teaspoon marmalade. Place a date in the center of each pastry square. Moisten corners with water; bring corners together, pinching dough to seal.
- 4. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
1 each: 248 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC