Marmalade Date Pastries
These pretty pastries take a little time to put together but are worth the effort. They have a delicious, melt-in-your-mouth flavor. -Nancy Lewis, Warwick, Rhode Island
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 package (11 ounces) pie crust mix
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 24 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place the pie crust mix in a bowl. Cut in cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk and stir to form a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion into a 12x9-in. rectangle. Cut into 3-in. squares.
- Cut dates in half lengthwise; fill each with 1/2 teaspoon marmalade. Place a date in the center of each pastry square. Moisten corners with water; bring corners together, pinching dough to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 248 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.