- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place carrots in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, 12-15 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine marmalade, brown sugar and butter; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stir in pecans and extract.
- Place carrots in a large bowl. Add marmalade mixture and toss gently to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMarmalade Candied Carrots
"Wow! These were so good and so simple to prepare! The only change was that I didn't have rum extract, so used rum instead. Family loved these and will definitely make again."
"Delicious! I would make this recipe again. I used a pear lemon marmalade."
"I tried this recipe a few days ago.As much as I love carrots, this recipe proved to be way too sweet.With the leftovers, I rinsed off the marmalade and reheated with good old butter and herbs!"
"I pealed and toped my carrotts, the sauce didn't get as thick as I assumed it would get but the taste was wonderful. We had this with the Parmesan Crusted Tilapia (TOH) and the sauce and the pecans on the fish was so yummy too!"
"Very good! Didn't have pecans so I used walnuts."
"I didn't have plain pecans, so I used candied pecans instead. It made it even better! My 6 year old asked for seconds!"
"For special dinners, this is so tasty!"