Marlene’s Hash Brown Supreme
As a cook in a restaurant, I'm always searching for new recipes. One day I came up with this new breakfast item and served it to some of our "regulars". they declared it a success, and it has since been added to the menu.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a medium nonstick skillet, melt butter. Add the next six ingredients; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until potatoes are browned. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook over low heat for 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 359 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 750mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Marlene's Hash Brown Supreme in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.