- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute potato, leek and onion in oil for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and half of the marjoram. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Cool slightly. Puree in small batches in a blender; return all to pan. Whisk in sour cream and butter. season with salt and pepper. Heat through but do not boil. Sprinkle with the remaining marjoram just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMarjoram Mushroom Soup
"Too thin and tasteless"
"This soup is delicious. Make sure to season each layer as you go. Wonderful as it is or with a pinch of dried thyme thrown in as well."