Maritime Grilled Fish
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the wine, soy sauce, honey, oil, garlic and seasonings; add fish. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fish, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 184 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Jun 21, 2011
The marinade in this recipe is delicious. We couldn't find orange roughy fillets, so we substituted halibut ? (I can't remember exactly). I sprayed our grill with nonstick spray but it was still a little sticky so maybe I'll use a foil packet method next time.