- 6 small zucchini (about 1-1/2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine zucchini, green pepper, celery, onion and pimientos in a medium bowl; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake vigorously. Pour marinade over vegetables toss gently. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMarinated Zucchini Salad
"This is a great recipe. We're finally praying for a bumper crop of summer squash and zucchini. It gets better the second and third days too."
"When I made this recipe for the family reunion everyone ate it and told me they loved the cucumber salad. They were so shocked when I told them it was zucchini. I took home an empty bowl and it used a lot of zucchini from the garden to make."