Marinated Turkey for Two
FOR YEARS, I've been exchanging recipes by correspondence with friends. A dear friend in North Carolina shared this one. What's best about this recipe is that you can enjoy wonderful turkey flavor without preparing a whole bird. —Rachel Wellborne Jacksonville, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 30 min.
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (about 1 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground cloves
- Dash garlic powder
- Place the turkey in a shallow glass dish. Combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Set aside 1/3 cup; cover and refrigerate. Pour the remaining marinade over turkey. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place turkey in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour reserved marinade over turkey. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20-30 minutes longer or until no longer pink, basting twice. Slice and serve immediately.
Originally published as Marinated Turkey for Two in Reminisce Extra April 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.