Marinated Teriyaki Flank Steak Recipe
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer 3/4 cup marinade to a large resealable plastic bag; add garlic and sesame oil. Score surface of flank steak, making diamond shapes 1/4 in. deep; place in bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade from steak. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with 3 tablespoons of the reserved marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes; slice across the grain. Heat remaining marinade; serve over beef. Sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 220 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.