Marinated Stuffed Flank Steak
This is one of my favorite beef recipes. Tasty, tender and tucked full of vegetables, it warms up often on cold winter nights.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing Bake: 1 hour
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Starting along one long side, cut a horizontal slit through the steak to within 1/2 in. of the opposite side. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the soy sauce, oil, molasses, mustard, ginger and garlic; set aside 1/4 cup. Pour remaining marinade over meat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the rice, carrot, water chestnuts, onions and reserved marinade. Stuff into steak. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Uncover; baste with pan drippings. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Brush again with pan drippings if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/4 pound: 473 calories, 25g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1914mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Flank Steak in Country Woman Christmas 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.