I took over the cooking when I retired, much to my wife's delight. Here's a marinade that's foolproof—I just dump all the ingredients into a container...and the steak comes out great every time! —Gordon Richardson of Spring Hill, Florida
Recommended: Top 10 Grilled Steak Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds boneless beef top round steak (1-1/2 inches thick)
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Before starting the grill, spray grill rack with cooking spray. Drain and discard marinade from steak. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Baste with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Steak in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p27