Marinating the tenderloin overnight makes it moist and flavorful. Plus, this recipe is easy on the cook. Just broil or grill when you're ready and serve dinner in a matter of minutes.
Recommended: Sandwich Recipes Across America
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 bay leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 hot dog buns, split and buttered
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Drain, discarding marinade. Thread pork on small skewers (soaked if using bamboo). Broil 6 in. from the heat, turning frequently, for 15-20 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and pulls away easily from skewers. Wrap a bun around meat and pull off skewer. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Spiedis in Country Pork 1996, p22