Marinated Sirloin Steaks
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 beef top sirloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- In a blender, combine the honey, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, garlic and pepper; cover and process until blended. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a shallow dish; add steaks and onions and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain the steaks and discard their marinade. On a greased grill rack, grill steaks, covered, over medium-hot heat, or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1/4 pound: 287 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.
Mar 3, 2012
On one hand I didn't like it, on the other I see its potential... I didn't BBQ it on a grill, rather cooked it in the oven I'm wondering if that made a difference. It is very sweet.. might be good for a kid that is a picky eater!
Jul 6, 2010
Very sweet and tender. I marinated it for about 6 hours and it was great.
Jun 22, 2008
Whatever happened to eating a good steak for what it is?
Jun 13, 2008
I am always on the lookout for a good marinade recipe. Thanks for this one. I will have to try it soon.