Marinated Orange Roughy Recipe
"This recipe—from a seafood cookbook my husband bought me before we were married—is a longtime favorite," writes Robin Guth of Endicott, New York. "I have literally won out the page it's printed on." The citrus-flavored fillets are broiled to a golden brown...then topped with toasted sesame seeds for a fun crunch.
- 1-1/2 pounds orange roughy or other whitefish fillets
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Cut fillets into four pieces if necessary; set side. In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, ketchup, oil, soy sauce, lemon juice and pepper. Remove 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add fillets. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once or twice.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 199 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Marinated Orange Roughy
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC