Marinated Onion Salad
Everyone knows how sweet onions flavor all kinds of food. But in this recipe, they take center stage! This salad is a nice addition to any table.—Michelle Wrightsman, Linwood, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Separate onions into rings and place in a large bowl; pour water over onions. Let stand 1 minute; drain. Add cucumbers.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and dill if desired; mix well. Pour over onion mixture; toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 25 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Onion Salad in Country Woman September/October 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.